Over the past several weeks, the Seattle Coalition for a Healthy Workforce has worked with a number of local small business leaders toward the shared goal of creating a healthier Seattle through paid sick days. The result is a new common ground proposal, unique to Seattle, that ensures no one will be forced to choose between working sick and losing a day’s wages – or their job.
The proposal has growing support, including local small business owners: David Meinert (Five Point Café and Big Mario’s Pizza), Linda Derschang (Linda’s Tavern, Odd Fellows, Smith, King’s Hardware), Jody Hall (Cupcake Royale) and Joe Fugere (Tutta Bella Neapolitan Pizzeria).
Join us for a press conference to announce the new proposal!
When: Tuesday, June 21, 11:30 AM
Where: City Hall, 1st floor lobby
Speakers will include:
- Councilmember Nick Licata (who is introducing the legislation and discussing it in his committee on Wednesday)
- Jody Hall – Cupcake Royale; Verite Coffee
- Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner, Co-Founder and Director of MomsRising.org
- Dr. David A. Springer, M.D., M.P.H
- Worker voices in support of paid sick days
To learn more, contact us!